It's been almost 8 years or so since I last wore contacts. I stopped wearing them because I was taking horrible care of my eyes in college. I would keep them in for extended weeks to save a little bit of money. I also would rarely take them out and clean them. It got so bad that when I did take them out my eyes would start to water profusely and burn. So at that point I decided to stop wearing them and invest in a nice pair of glasses.

The biggest problem I had with my glasses was not being able to wear sunglasses easily. I had bought a pair of prescription sunglasses about 3 years ago. I always had to walk around with them in a case in my pocket (Such a Pain!). Hilary hated it when I walked around because all she would hear is clumpity clump clump in my pocket. This summer those prescription glasses finally decided to call it quits. The lenses started to bubble up so when I looked through them it seemed that they were dirty but they weren't.

So instead of buying a new pair of prescription sunglasses I thought now that I am older and more responsible (ha!!) I would get contacts again. Another reason I decided on contacts was that my dad a year or so back gave me his old ray ban's. They were like brand new and vintage. Hopefully now I can take care of my eyes a little better. So, if you see me yawning it's not that you are boring it's just me trying to get my contacts moist because they are drying out.
TJ
I love that you're being more grown up and responsible! Oh, and your Ray bans are at my house. =)
ReplyDelete