
So, it was a rough couple of weeks before going back to work. First off I found out my mom was under hospice care due to the fact that her 20 year old battle with cancer has finally weaken her organs and there is nothing the doctors can do for her. This was pretty tough to found out during my summer break. I went home to spend the remainder of my summer hanging out around my parents house helping out. Well, I had to come home August 22, 2008 for a Heybro Production Company Meeting. I haven't been home for awhile and my pregnant wife had the house spotless for our guest so I didn't have to do anything (which was wonderful). I unpacked the car with all the gifts my mom gave me (plants, homemade ice cream maker, steak knives, and some other odd and ends). Then I sat down at the kitchen counter and read this pamphlet called, "Gone From My Sight". It's a small book on the dying experience my mother gave to me. Needless to say I got a little emotional. So, to brighten my spirits I put on some reggae music!!! My spirits started to lift and then I looked around and noticed the dogs dancing around. It was such a beautiful day that I wanted to go sit on the back porch and watch the dogs play in the yard. I opened the door and the dogs busted out in full speed, jumped off the last step, and without slowing down headed towards the field. As I watched them cruise around the yard I noticed some fluffy white thing near the blackberries. I just figured something blew in the yard from afar. Before I could even finish that thought Nellie came around the shed near the blackberries and slowly crept up to the white fluffy thing wagging her tale. That's when I jumped up off of the porch yelling at Nellie to get away. I just figured out what the white fluffy thing was...A SKUNK!!! As Nellie got closer the skunk popped up stiff and hissed while raising it's tail up. Then Percy came up to Nellie to see what was going on. Nellie ran away rubbing her nose in the dirt back to me. I continued to yell at Percy to get away and chase her ball. She eventually ran after her ball and avoided the Skunk. By that time Nellie got to me and the smell was AWFUL. Her eyes where watering and she looked scared. I then looked back at the Skunk and it was just hanging out by the berries like nothing had happened. That's when I ran upstairs and got out my old 22 rifle. I grabbed a few bullets and ran out the back door. As I bust out the back door, rifle in hand my guest for the Heybro Meeting are arriving looking puzzled and wondering what they did wrong!
So that is my story of my unwanted guest. In case you were wondering, let me just say that the skunk won't be bothering us anymore ;) ~TJ
No comments:
Post a Comment