Sunday, January 4, 2009
A wise old tree is born
Here are a few pictures of the wise old tree I painted today. It was a little daunting at first. The tree is a huge focal point to the room and it lay in my hands to create. Confidence ... that is all it took and once the first strokes were on the wall - viola - the wise old tree is born. It reminded me how much I enjoy painting in general. Most of the work is in the preparation -- mentally and supply wise. Acrylic paint comes concentrated and must be mixed/diluted to the desired consistency. I used old tupperware and soup containers to mix the two browns and sea sponge to add texture.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's looking good. Can't wait to see it in person!
ReplyDeleteAmazing! Little sesame is lucky to have such a creative mom and such a wonderful Dad to complete her vision :) I can;t wait to meet him!
ReplyDelete