Sunday, January 11, 2009
Bikinis at a baby shower?!
My two sisters and good friend threw me a most thoughtful baby shower this past Saturday. From little "cupcake" shower favors to a bikini cake it was full of sentimental details. It all started February 11, 1978 when good family friends threw my dad and mom a shower for my arrival. The shower cake is the image we all remember from the family photo album. As you will see in the photos below my shower cake is the mirror image of this memorable cake(I'll post the 1978 pic later). With advice coming from Auntie Karen in NH (who is a maternity nurse and has much knowledge of this style of cake) and the attention to detail my sisters painstakingly took this cake was not only a delight to the eye but also to the taste buds. Cake aside the event was full of family and friends, thoughtful gifts and extraordinary food.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so sad I missed it! Sometimes it sucks living in San Diego. I'm glad you had a great time, and that you posted pictures. I almost didn't recognize you. Did our gifts arrive ok?
ReplyDelete