Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hand Appliqued Green Hippo Combo [onesie/burpcloth]




I prepared this for a friend who needed a unique baby shower gift. I bought the fabric at Ikea with the intention of using it in Cody's room. I cut out and hand appliqued the hippo shape to the Gerber onesie using the blanket stitch. This will allow for the edge to fray after the first washing. This adds extra texture. Giving the little baby who wears it a tactile texture surface to explore. There is no glue or fusing used. The cotton standard cloth diaper with the Ikea fabric machine sewn makes a great matching burp cloth. The 3x3 card has a rocking horse graphic and message, "Make with love. Just like your little one." The items were then neatly packaged and tied with hemp string. I am producing a small batch of the Hippo combo to sell so if anyone is interested in a thoughtful made-with-love baby shower gift email me, hilary@skudesigns.com.

1 comment:

  1. The hippo onzie is great. Tyler wears his all the time. He has had many compliments.

    ReplyDelete