sorry for the delay on the blog. It has been a rough month from middle of May until now. On May 17, 2009 we put on a Bluegrass Festival in Cary, North Carolina. It was cold and rainy but the concert still went on. However, we didn't have as many people there as we would have liked but all in all it was a memorable experience. After that I started S.O.L.s at school. In my new position I had to proctor the test which was 3 weeks of walking around a circle of computers all day. (BORING AS ...) For those of you that don't know what S.O.L's they are The Virginia Standards of Learning Tests given to our 3rd - 5th grades at my school and they are also given in middle and high schools throughout the state.
After the test finished up then with my new position I had a lot more responsibilities at the end of the year. I learned a valuable lesson that I hope will help me out next year. GIVE THE TEACHER'S DEADLINES FOR PROJECTS. Man, talk about waiting to the last minute. I won't get into the details but my last 3 weeks of work sucked.
Then on sunday June 9 my friend giggles and I took off out of town to see Phish in Camden, NJ. It was a blast but I am not as young as I used to be. We left the concert at midnight when it finished and drove the 4 hours back. I made it to Maryland but giggles had to take over at the wheel. We had to get home because I had to go to work the next morning and take Cody to daycare. We still had one more concert to attend and that was on June 18 in Burgettstown, PA (just outside of Pittsburgh) So I finished up my last day and turned my keys in to work and we took off. The original plan was to drive the 5 hour trip back but we learned from our lesson and my wonderful wife let me. This was actually my first day of Daddy Day Care but I had a friend watch Cody for a few hours until we picked him up after the concert.
Now its the end of June and we are back on the blog. Hopefully Cody won't wake up while I finish this up. Yesterday was a pretty rough one with him. He was exhausted but never wanted to nap longer than 45 min. So this really hurt him through the night. Also he has discovered he can make loud noises and different sounds. So he lays in his bed and just starts talking away. Its AWESOME except when its 1 am, 2 am, 4 am. You get the point.
I will always take a lack of sleep because are little man is wonderful. Hilary and I are so lucky to have such a happy, alert, healthy little boy in our lives. He has put purpose into our lives and I don't know what we were doing before he came along.
Sorry for making such a long post but it's been awhile. Take Care and hope to see you soon.
Proud Daddy. :)
ReplyDeleteHope you guys had a great 4th!