Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Goodnight Moon!

We had a great night last night. TJ and I discussed putting Cody in his crib at 3 weeks. Till now he was in a bassinet in our room. Unknown to us but around this time an infant starts to stretch his vocal cords. Hmmmm some associations might help with what was coming from him in his deep slumbers .... dolphins clicking, pterodactyl screeches, cooing, ahas, sighs, burps, farts, etc ... needless to say he is one noisy sleeper. So to my heart ache, we set out to have a nice evening routine. 1) If bath night take bath 2) dress for night-night 3) have a warm boob(or two) of milk 4) mommy/daddy reads Goodnight Moon, It's Pajama Time, and/or It's Time for Bed 5) Swaddle 6)layout down for a nice long sleep (please please)

Success! Mommy got a total of 6 hours sleep. NOT all at once but we only got up twice before and at sunrise. The longest stretch was almost 3 hours. THANK YOU THANK YOU!


Today also marks the four year anniversary of my mother passing. She is surely missed and talk about often to Cody. My uncle Kennie sent me a nice little packet of old letters I wrote to him in my youth days and a couple photos of me and my mother roasting marshmallows out back of his home when he lived at Sandy Pond. How timely that it arrived this day and I was able to reminisce on a memory of us together. My mother and I spent our summers together enjoying various adventures. I attached the photos of us!



1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to get those at just the right time. Love the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete