Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The last week or so...

After mom's funeral we headed back to my parents house to socialize with everyone that came. We had a ton of food that everyone was generous enough to bring over for us plus we bought some to host. The next day dad kicked around outside and blew some leaves around. Hilary said he just probably needed some white noise. While he was doing that Grandma Ucciardi (nicknamed Hazel) decided to clean the entire house. I helped out scrubbing and I also cleaned out the coolers and organized the garage. (whew what a task)

Hilary and I drove back home Tuesday night to sleep in our bed. What a great feeling to be gone from home for so long then you tuck yourself into your comfy bed. On Christmas eve Dad came to my house and picked me and the dogs up. We headed to my brothers place in Dumfries, VA (just about 45 min north of me). Hilary had to work and drove up afterwards.

Christmas Eve dinner consisted of Parmesan encrusted scallops, ahi tuna, crab dip, shrimp and crab spring rolls, and shrimp hominy soup. Then we played some Wii bowling and went to bed early after seeing Notre Dame woop Hawaii.

Christmas was exciting to see Seth and Sean (Brians Kids) tear into presents. Seth is 4 and was excited about every present even Seany B's presents. Seany B is only 1 and had more fun playing in the paper than with his gifts. Hilary and I didn't do presents this year because of our little present that is coming in Feburary but I did give her the clap. No not the disease but the clapper. You know, "Clap on .. Clap off .. Clap on Clap off the Clapper". She has been having a hard time rolling over because of the baby belly. So it is great to turn off the lights. Oh and Brian got us season passes to Kings Dominion since it is only 15 minutes away. So we are down if anyone wants to go this year.

Later on we headed over to Hilary's sisters Kim's house for Christmas Part II. Basically for dinner and a penny poker game. We drank, laughed, bluffed, and got really really full over there. She made this awesome pork loin topped with prosciutto and herbs. After the poker game we played Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii with her boys. I'm not to bad at the beginner level but I tried on hard and there is no way anybody can do that.

The days after Christmas dad and I started to tear down our guest bedroom and turn it into a nursery. First we layed some plywood down in my attic space to store boxes. Then we ripped up all the carpet, padding, and staples. We made several trips to the dump and loaded up one of our sheds with a lot of goodwill items. As we were doing this hilary was nesting in the kitchen. Cleaning and organizing all of our items. After our hard work on Friday we took dad out for some PHO Soup and Vietnamese food (hilary's favorite) then off to see Valkyrie (tom cruises new movie) not bad. The next night we stayed home ordered in and watched a double feature of Hancock and Tropic Thunder (Tropic Thunder is hilarious).

After Dad left on Sunday I laid around and watched football and Hilary slept on the couch. The last couple of days I have been painting the babies room and I feel like I am in Suessville. I will post pictures when I am done with all the work.

Sorry for the long posts but it has been a couple of days

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year guys! That list of food for Christmas Eve dinner made my mouth water. :)

    I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery. What are you doing for flooring in there? We're currently shopping for floooring for the new house.

    Keep your eye out for a package for little sesame. ;)

    ReplyDelete