Friday, October 10, 2008

Fill the Pie Hole





Every time I watch Pushing Daisies I get a hankering for PIE. See the main character owns a pie shop, The Pie Hole. Cute show with fun style and whimsical sets. But I love pie and always want some...so tonight I hit pause and rummaged through the cabinet.

Amazing enough I remembered we have a jar of peaches and the makings for crust. I pulled out the Osborn's pie crust recipe and based on what my sister taught me I created a wonderful pretty peach and raspberry pie. Every mother should know how to make pie. It is great for any occasion. Warm and comforting in times of sorry. Company to a cup of coffee in a lonely diner. Bright and cheery at a fourth of July party. I could go on and on.

Special ingredients:
Jar of peaches.
Two tablespoons of fresh Raspberry jam (Prepared with love my sister-in-laws mother)
Lots of love.
A dash of pregnancy must have craving.

Here it is just going into the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment