~WEDNESDAY~
Flew out of RIC to ATL and meet up with the bride's family and escorted them to Las Vegas. For these nice folks from NC, they had never been on an air plane much less west of GA. The flights were uneventful just a little long and cramped for me and my growing belly. After working almost a full day and flying the rest of the evening I just wanted to crash and sleep. The house we all rented was welcoming and nice.
TJ's POV (point of view)
It was a rushed day. Started out with work and left around 330ish to pick up hilary then rushed home, shoved the dogs into the car and headed to our friends house near the airport. Dropped the dogs off and rushed to the airport. We didn't have to drive, our friend dropped us off at the front and we went to check in. Of course I got joked when my bag weighed 51lbs and hilary's weighed 48lbs. Like hilary said the flight was uneventful but was uncomfortable!!! We touched down in vegas at 11:10 vegas time. We still had to get the rental car, which was a pleasurable experience. Vegas knows how to do it right. We finally made it to the rental house at 1:00 a.m. and by the time we went to bed we had been up for 24 hrs.
~THURSDAY~
Morning-- off to Red Rocks Casino for the $8 breakfast buffet. MMMMmmm, older crowd, short wait, great service, lots of selections and awesome atmosphere. I highly recommend it. The whole complex inside and out is retro modern using all the elements taken from the unique red rock formation along the mountain range.After breakfast we headed to Costco with other fellow house dwellers to stock the house for the five days and the BBQ to start off the Guys and Girls night out. Each group rented a party van to tote use around. Dave Thomas (yes just like the Wendy's guy) was the ladies driver and was sweet and thoughtful as our own grandpa. Off to the REVOLUTION bar and lounge. A Beatles's themed place with a great cover band that played $80's covers and picked on Jenn the bride. It was fun and very entertaining to say the most. I won't go into details, you know the whole motto "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" winkwink. Plenty of seating perfect for a preggo and unusual for most places. The off to JET for some trendy club dancing. After that we dropped the Cougars off at each of their hotels. Yes they labeled themselves the "Cougars" they being the grooms mom, and two aunts. We had 13 in our group total a total blast and even I kept up and was very mindful of my energy limits.
The guys went gambling and carousing at all the grooms favorite gambling spots throughout the strip and old Vegas.
~FRIDAY~
TJ and I lounged in the house pool for most of the morning. Then we all got ready for the rehearsal at Sunset Gardens.
Beautiful venue and the easiest rehearsal EVER. Evening wedding so it will be ever so dreamy and magical. Yeah Scott and Jenn!!!Dinner was hosted by the grooms parents at the MGM restaurant Famia Trattoria. A wonderful selection of family style dinner with a truly elegant Vegas style. Our hosts provided a favor of five $1 MGM Grand chips brand new for us to try our luck. Very cool and fun.


Then back to the house for me and the baby to rest up. TJ and most of the other house guests headed to the Freakin' Frog to see No Strings Attached. The bluegrass band that will play the reception. The groom arranged for them to come out to Vegas to play the gig and the wedding. We are pretty close with the band and I have done some graphics for them and the groom books their gigs back home.
~SATURDAY~ The BIG Day for Scott and Jenn
Tj is making breakfast and I am here bloggin and folding programs. A friends work is never done. I am sure I will post tomorrow all the fun of the evening.
~Hilary
Glad you all had fun! I'm loving your little baby countdown clock. :)
ReplyDelete