This is an easy craft I did with some supplies you may already have around your office or craft area.
Supplies:
- Long Strips of cover stock paper. You can use text weight but I find the heaver weight holds up better.
- Stapler, Staples
Time: a few minutes, after gathering supplies
I used some leftover strips of cover stock paper. These strips happen to be 12.25"x2" and 17"x1.5" light brown craft cover stock. Really any size strip of paper will do.
Fold in the ends till they meet. This is the only tricky part. Then pull it out enough to staple. The closer to the edge of the two ends the wider and more shallow the heart. I provided two images for this part.
Once the ends are stapled, crease the opposite end of the strip to fold the point of the heart.
Voila! This heart is adorable on its own or make a few and staple them together to form a cluster of hearts.
Ideas for uses:
- Cluster of hearts and a few singles would make a darling table setting.
- Write names on the strips before stapleing for place settings.
- Place around your house on shelves to spread the holiday cheer.
- Use as a gift box topper instead of a ribbon. Write the recipients name on the heart in place of a tag.
- Hole punch the sides and string them up for festive garland. Test a few out to make sure they are weighted to hang properly.
MUWAH! <3 Hilary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Love the hearts! I think they would also be lovely if you put them in a shadow box frame with someone's wedding annoucement, baby annoucement, etc. Would make a great gift and would look oh so chic! :D Say hello to everyone and give TJ and Cody a big hug from me :)
ReplyDeleteAunt Cissie
Thanks Aunt Cissie. Great idea with the shadow box.
ReplyDelete