Friday, April 16, 2010

art journaling and spilled milk

You would think I have been doing this all along but with life getting busy being pregnant and now chasing a toddler around I haven't thought about taking the time to start journaling again. I wish I had during my pregnancy I am sure it would have been insightful to the ebbs and flows of baking a baby. Better late than never. An art teacher has provided a jumpstart by offering an after school time to art journal with other stressed souls who need a creative outlet. This is such a blessing. She has all the creative pieces and parts to get us started. "Stress Free" is our motto and by only having to bring our journals to class most certainly lives up to it. I am one of the few who has experience working art journals and am not as intimidated to launch into my pages but others are a little reserved and somewhat overwhelmed. I think a few pages and they will be right at home. I can't wait for down the lane when they can go back and see how far they have come. Although she has provided us prompts I am starting with a FONT and am really into right now. I think it was free one I downloaded who knows when. Spill milk is the name and I adore it at 150% stretched. Any good typographer knows that default setting are not always the best so tweak, tweak, tweak them. Here is a sample of what I printed so I can cut it up and glue into place. I plan to use these sessions to get messy with paint, gesso, crayons, glitter, glue, scissors, what ever else I get my hands on. It will be such a nice change to the typical daily computer driven churning of designed ads and promotional materials. This is for me and for me to share as I see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment